Friday, November 14, 2014

Welcome!



Welcome to my 3D printing blog. I created this blog to document all of the prints with my new Ultimaker 2 (UM2). Print settings such as speed, layer height, and nozzle temperature can have a great effect on print quality. And those settings will change with different types of materials. I am going to use this blog as a place to keep track of all of the settings and print results so that it will serve as a reference for myself and anyone else involved in 3D printing. I will also document any printer problems, maintenance, and modifications to the machine. I will put a summary in bold at the top of each article so that you can get the point without reading through all of the details.

While I have designed many 3D printed parts, they have all been printed by commercial outfits like Shapeways. This is my first time attempting 3D printing at home so I am no expert. Bear with me as I make any mistakes. I hope this blog provides some useful information.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment