Friday, November 14, 2014

High Quality Print Setting

high quality print setting

Summary: High quality quickprint setting yields better prints but overhangs still need work.

With the under extrusion problem pretty much solved, I decided to see how the UM2 prints on the high quality setting. I opened the UltimakerRobot file in Cura and selected the "High quality" quickprint setting. Then I saved it to the SD card under a new file name so I could keep the standard quality file as well. I printed at 220°C, same as the normal quality print I am comparing it to.

normal (L) vs. high quality (R)

normal (L) vs. high quality (R)

The high quality print took a little over an hour to print. The print is definitely better than normal quality. There is no hint of under extrusion and the layers are smoother. The overhangs are a little better but they still need some work and the corners of the print are a little rougher than I would like. But it is a noticeably better print. For some reason the high quality print has more of a matte finish. The normal quality print reflects more light. Don't know if it is just how the light is refracting off of the piece or if the slower printing changes the characteristics of the PLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment